mono / ".pc files in -devel packges" guideline

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Thu May 11 18:30:57 UTC 2006

On 5/11/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> What is the purpose of this .pc file?  Most .pc files I've seen are -devel
> related, but that doesn't mean *all* of them are.  They should be packaged
> according to its purpose.

It "looks" like devel to me, but I'm no mono guy -- Brian? :)

[build at zeus daap-sharp-0.3.3]$ cat daap-sharp.pc.in
prefix=@prefix@
exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@
libdir=@libdir@
includedir=@includedir@
Libraries=@libdir@/daap-sharp/daap-sharp.dll

Name: daap-sharp
Version: @VERSION@
Requires:
Libs: -r:${Libraries}
--EOF--

(Of course, that's the unretouched source file, but you get the idea.)

Even if it is for development, is it worth forcing it off into a
-devel package for just one file?

                                -Chris
--
Chris Weyl