How do I know if someone is already working on a package?

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Sat May 13 03:53:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Christopher Stone wrote:
> On 5/12/06, Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> wrote:
>>
>> Email this list? ;)
>
> Or you could just seach bugzilla.

  Maybe it's just me, but I'd lean toward emailing the list.  I was about
to put in the effort to roll a clean, FE-quality RPM for gpsdrive, but
when I mentioned it on IRC, Andreas Thienemann told me he had one close to
complete, but not yet submitted for review (so a search wouldn't have
turned anything up).  There could be a middle ground between a noisier
list and duplicated efforts, I suppose -- maybe there could be a wiki page
where people could list packages they're working on?
  I don't know.  I just suspect I would've been rather irked to find out my
work was for nothing. :P

      Jima