[Fwd: Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras development - 2006-05-11]

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sat May 13 16:45:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 11:05 +0200, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> Le vendredi 12 mai 2006 à 12:32 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :

> > libltdl is from libtool.   Seeing as one of the unresolved deps is
> > libguile-ltdl something might have changed in the upstream guile that
> > needs a change in the guile packaging for Core.  Or it could be that
> > your package depends on ltdl directly.  In either case, a BuildRequires
> > for libtool-ltdl-devel will probably get you past this error.
> >
> > If it is a problem with guile you should file a bug like "guile-devel
> > should Require libtool-ltdl-devel".
> >
> So adding BuildRequires for libtool-ltdl-devel solve the problem and now
> the package build fine in mock. My question is : guile have to require
> libtool-ltdl or my package have to require it ?

I strongly suspect that guile-devel needs to
  Requires: libtool-ltdl-devel
but I haven't looked at either your package or guile's so I can't be
certain.  If you only bumped the release of your package (didn't take
the opportunity to upgrade to a new upstream) I'd say file a bug against
guile.

-Toshio