Suggestion for new packages: avr-gcc, avr-binutils, avr-libc, avrdude, uisp, avra

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat May 13 16:50:03 UTC 2006

Hi Till,

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 04:33:19PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> I would like to include the following packages to extras:
>
> avr-gcc
> avr-binutils
> avr-libc - http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/
> avrdude - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avrdude
> uisp - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/uisp
> avra - http://avra.sourceforge.net/
>
> Is anyone else already working on this? Are there any legal issues why this
> software could not be added to extras or can I start writing the SPEC files?

If it's accepted on savannah then it should be Free Software, but it's
up to you (the packager) to check the explicit licenses that come with
the downloaded bits or are displayed on any download pages.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net