package updates for in all repos at the same time (Was: Incoming: directfb soname problems)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun May 14 20:55:35 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 22:41 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> <long reply of Michael to Thorsten snipped>
>
> Seeing the long list of mostly valid problems Michael brings up and
> combining this with my own gut feeling Which i had about this even
> before reading Michaels objections I say don't do it. Lets not add all
> these extra layers of complexity to the current well working FE "system"

+1. I don't feel that any of the supposed benefits of a required testing
layer outweigh the pain it will cause. In addition, from my observations
(and discussions with others), the testing repo is/was almost never used
and even less "tested" by the userbase, in the places where it
exists/existed.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!