sponsorship for package adoption without package submission (was Re: Claiming ownership for thinkpad related packages and pam_mount)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue May 16 12:22:26 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 16.05.2006, 05:01 -0700 schrieb Michael A. Peters:
> On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 10:28 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Well, we get closer to the point where most interesting free apps are
> > packaged. So this will get more and more problematic.
>
> with mono and java and ruby coming together now, there may be quite a
> few more "non interesting" apps coming down the pipeline.

Maybe for some people, yes. But for others, no. To give an example from
my personal point of view: All free apps that I'm interested in are
packaged already in Extras. So I would simply not know what to package
if I'd like to become a Extras contributor now if I wasn't one already.

And that's a problem we should solve sooner or later to get more people
with fresh ideas involved in Fedora Extras.

Just my 2 cent.

CU
thl