buildsys-build (Was Re: BuildRequires - flex and bison)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed May 17 09:01:06 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Neither python, perl nor intltool should be
> in there, unless they are rpm-required by some other tools.

perl is required by rpm-build, probably because the perl.prov/perl.req
perl-dep-finding scripts are written in perl. WHilst it could be argued
that these could be split off in to a subpackage to avoid the perl dep,
that would break the (pretty good) auto-deps that rpm does for perl
packages.

The same doesn't yet apply to python but I could imagine it happening.

Paul.