The "Summary - Broken dependencies" emails.

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed May 17 20:33:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 08:03 +1200, Michael J. Knox wrote:
> Should bugs be filed against the packages with broken dependencies? I
> see the same packages appearing and wonder if a bug report or two would
> help get the package owners fixing the issues.

I believe they get an e-mail with each one.
At least when I've had packages and the deps broke, I got an e-mail.

In devel branch, sometimes fixing a package isn't so easy because devel
branch has changed a version of a build dependency that breaks the
build, or it doesn't build with the cflags, or it is broken on only one
arch, and the packager is either waiting for upstream, or working on a
patch themselves. Then again, sometimes all they need is a bump and
rebuild.

I wouldn't worry about broken devel branch packages too much unless it
is needed by another package. Not until fc6 gets closer anyway.

Broken fc3/4/5 packages should have bugs filed if they aren't already.