BuildRequires - flex and bison

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu May 18 14:05:17 UTC 2006

> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at ...> writes:
> > Also, I am not sure if the PackageGuideLines allow packages downloading
> > documents from external sources.
>
> Of course they do!
> >From the "Hey, let's remove Firefox, it 'downloads documents from external
> sources'!" dept.,

Since "content" isn't allowed, some apps must be allowed to do so.
They should not do it as root, however. That's something to watch for
with packages that use consolehelper.

If they have a link to a website etc. from the menu, it launches the web
browser as root - which is a bad thing. A really bad thing.

firestarter was one such (since patched) package that did this.