BuildRequires - flex and bison

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu May 18 14:10:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 14:53 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at ...> writes:
> >> Also, I am not sure if the PackageGuideLines allow packages downloading
> >> documents from external sources.
> >
> > Of course they do!
> >>From the "Hey, let's remove Firefox, it 'downloads documents from external
> > sources'!" dept.,
>
> Methinks Ralf was referring to build-time downloading, not run-time
> downloading.
Me was referring to unattended background downloads of data files
(configuration- files, data files, text files).

Concerns along the lines "What puts mock into a special position" that
it is allowed to automatically pull *config* files unsupervised from a
remote location:

Wrt. this, I don't see how mock is any different from
* applications contacting a remote counter each time they start up.
* games loading their game data from a remote file.
* applications dynamically installing plug ins from remote.

Another concern are usability (fedoraproject.org bottlenecking mock),
and security.

Ralf