[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu May 18 19:33:59 UTC 2006

OK, FESCO unfortunatley didn't actually seem to reach any kind of
decision on this. So, I have updated the spec to call the package
emacs-muse, with subpackages of xemacs-muse, emacs-muse-common,
emacs-muse-el and xemacs-muse-el. this is a bit unilateral, but I
figured doing something is better than nothing.

I have also added Obsoletes: muse and Provides: muse to the
muse-common subpackage.

I'm all ready to go, but I don't know what the best way to proceed is
- shall I import this as a new package into cvs (since the package
name is now different) and request the old package is deleted? (surely
this won't have to go through the review process again?)

Jonathan.