[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Fri May 19 09:54:44 UTC 2006

On 19/05/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.05.2006, 20:33 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Underwood:
> > OK, FESCO unfortunatley didn't actually seem to reach any kind of
> > decision on this.
>
> Why do you think so? Here is the relevant part from yesterdays meeting
> (it was the first topic; the summary I send out yesterday was from
> *last* weeks meeting)

OK, sorry, I thought that was for this weeks meeting.

I have to say, I just don't get why people think emacs-common-muse is
a useful package name - the common in the package name is superfluous.
The common files should be a subpackage of the main package, not the
main package, surely?

However, if you guys really want this to be the Guideline, I will push
ahead with it - but it impacts all emacs packages. The alternative,
which I have implemented sticks closer to current guidlines and
packaging precedent... please do have a look at the URL I posted for
the alternative implementation.

Jonathan.