scientific license - fedora compatible?

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Mon May 22 20:39:45 UTC 2006

I've made some packages based on some scientific software I (and many
other folks in my field) use for various purposes, and I'd like to
contribute them to fedora-extras.  However, one of the libraries used
by some of the software is based on a CCLRC (Council for the Central
Laboratory of the Research Councils, http://www.cclrc.ac.uk/) license,
described here:

ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/ccp4/academic_software_licence.pdf

in section 2.1 ("CCP4 Libraries"), which allows the licensee to
distribute the library freely, but requires any non-LGPL or non-GPL
derived work to be provided in source form to the CCLRC (section
2.1.2).

Is this compatible with fedora-extras?

Many apologies if this is the wrong list/forum for this question, and
thanks for any help.

Regards,
Tim Fenn