Gettext and %find_lang

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue May 23 16:58:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 12:23 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > > It's not listed in
> > > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Exceptions
> > > so it should be BuildRequired.
> >
> > How should we find out missing buildrequires if not with mock ? (yes, and
> > fedora-rmdevelrpms). IMHO every package installed by default by mock should
> > be and exception for BuildReqs (that's what buildreqs are for, btw).
>
> Agreed.

mock is a useful tool for that, yes, but as mentioned on this list
earlier, the list of exceptions has been documented and unchanged for a
looooong time, and for some reasons that was not taken into account when
the default mock config was set up, which people are working on to fix
really soon now.

My (somewhat educated) guess is that it's very likely that quite a few
packages will be dropped from the default mock setup, and some may be
added to the exceptions.  If you want to be on the safe side, just keep
using the current exceptions list as-is, I don't foresee anything being
dropped from it in the near future (well, at least as long as rpm-build
has a dependency on perl...)