Obsoletes in a spec file

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 24 07:46:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 07:23:53AM +0100, Paul wrote:
> > > obsoletes: anjuta-1.2.4a-{release}
> > >
> > > or is there more to it than that?
> >
> > Why do you want to add that at all?
> >
> > (anjuta-2.0.2 is an update/upgrade of anjuta-1.2.4a already)
>
> I've found with the upgrade (rpm -Uhv) things don't work as well as. Do
> rpm -e with the old version and everything is great.

Then that's either

o a bug in %post* %pre* scriplets, and adding obsoletes won't make any
  difference. You probably get eaten by %postin from the new package
  being called before %postun from the old one. rpm -e, rpm -i
  separate these steps (but an explicit obsolete will not, so you'd be
  back to square 1).

o (higly unlikely) a bug in rpm

Why don't you report on the issues you have and we can help you fix
the package? Paste in any %post* %pre* scripts you've written.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net