mock and build system macros

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Thu May 25 17:46:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 10:04 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Where do I put the buildsystem macros that define fcdist/fedora/etc so
> that my local mock builds can use them?

Not sure if that is the official way, but from looking at the mock
source, the best place seems to be in config_opts['macros'] in the mock
config for each distro. I have the following in my
fedora-development-i386-core.cfg:

        config_opts['macros'] = """
        %_topdir /builddir/build
        %_rpmfilename   %%{NAME}-%%{VERSION}-%%{RELEASE}.%%{ARCH}.rpm
        %dist   .fc6
        """

(The _topdir and _rpmfilename are set in the mock source as defaults,
that's why you should add them when you set config_opts['macros']
explicitly)

You need to reinitialize/clean the buildroot for the config change to
take hold.

David