PHP packaging guidelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri May 26 02:16:59 UTC 2006

Tom Callaway, Chris Weyl and I had an impromptu discussion today in
#fedora-extras about what needs to happen in order to get the PHP
packaging guidelines into shape.  (Tom Callaway has the final decision
as to the acceptability of these guidelines, and they will stand for
both Core and Extras if accepted.)

I have updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/PHP with the
results of the discussion.  I have also included a log of the IRC
discussion for those who would like to see the full rationale.

Note that one aspect of the proposal requires updates to the core PHP
package; this still needs to be run by the core PHP maintainer (Joe
Orton).  Hopefully that will happen in the next few days.

Your comments are appreciated.

 - J<