man-pages-XX package naming

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri May 26 22:31:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 21:07 +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I put to request the man-pages-uk package. But PackageGuidelines says in
> one side "... the name should match the upstream tarball...", another
> side "Addon Packages (locales)
>
> Examples:
>
> ttfonts-zh_TW (adds zh_TW locale fonts in ttfonts family)"
> Main tarball called is the manpages-uk-utf8.
>
> How to naming package is preferable?

Based on the precedent for man pages packages, the naming scheme in this
particular case is:

man-pages-$LOCALE

Thus, your package should be: man-pages-uk

The locales exception for Addon Packages applies here too, so if you
have a locale with an underscore, you can use it here in the name. In
your case, you do not (locale is uk).

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!