MySQL user install possible?

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at farsiweb.info
Wed May 31 12:35:33 UTC 2006

روز سه‌شنبه، 2006-05-30 ساعت 22:14 -0700، Christopher Stone نوشت:
> I have a package that requires a MySQL user and database be set up in
> order for the package to function properly.
>
> Ideally I would like to do this during the install if possible.  What
> is the best way to handle this problem?  Is it possible to handle this
> within a spec file or must it be done manually by the user installing
> the software?

Does the software strictly *require* the MySQL server to be on the same
machine? If not (which is the most probable case), please do not do
anything about it. Just add a README.fedora or INSTALL.fedora file and
explain what should the user do after installing the RPM.

roozbeh