Summary from last weeks FESCo meeting

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed May 31 18:31:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:36:38 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>   * scop> | nirik, I assume that buildsys checks md5sums from the
> "sources" file for everything in lookaside cache
>   * that wrong -> the sums are not checked (that has problems when
> upstream servers are down or rearrange their layout or ...) and we have
> modified tarballs (mp3 stuff removed)

scop is right. The buildsys runs "make srpm" which in turn fetches the
md5 sums from the "sources" file and only succeeds in downloading
tarballs from the lookaside cache if they match the md5 sums. You
cannot simply replace a tarball in the lookaside cache, because when
its md5 sum differs, you need to update also the "sources" file.