Unorphan: arc

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon May 1 08:37:19 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le dimanche 30 avril 2006 à 22:33 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
>> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
>>> <evil:plan>since arc is taken care of, may I drop nomarch?</evil:plan>
>>>
>> Erm, the idea was to lower the count of orphans, but you're a free man
>> and its a free world.
>
> Just kidding, though actually I don't think fedora needs two arc
> handlers (old legacy format after all). I'll only do it if I need time
> for something else

That brings us off topic to the question of how to really remove
packages? I think this should be done in the devel branch only, but it
really needs to be done and we need some policy for this. For example
etherdiag, netdiag and mknbi look like fine candidates for full removal
to me. Are these still available from the devel repo, or are these only
still in CVS? If so how do we differentiate in CVS between orphan but
still available in devel repo could use a new maintainer. And orphan,
(should be) removed from devel repo, concidered dead unless someone
really still has a use for it and wants to pick it up?

Regards,

Hans