Building in mock vs building outside of mock

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue May 2 12:30:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:01:35PM +0100, PFJ wrote:
> This has puzzled me for most of yesterday (I had the weekend off doing
> anything!)
>
> I have a couple of C# packages in BZ. Outside of mock, they build
> without a problem at all - when I inspect the packages, the contents are
> correct and everything is in the correct place.
>
> When I build it under mock, the build fails with an error that a
> particular directory is missing (it varies as to which depending on the
> package being built).
>
> Why does this happen? What is so different to mock as to building
> outside of mock?

You are probably missing some BuildRequires and the package decides
not to build certain parts when detecting that some (optional)
dependencies are missing.

Try comparing the build logs between the two builds, maybe that will
reveal the missing depedency.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net