FESCo Elections 2006

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed May 3 13:12:10 UTC 2006

jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org said:
> A fair point.  One that I think is personally up to the individual.  My plan
> would be to have the script running on a fedoraproject.org machine.  They
> already provide the packages you install from Extras, so there is some level
> of trust implied :).

That'd be my preference too.

> I think it's obvious that the gpg-signed emails are intended only to track:
> 1) That the voter has completed the CLA and is in the cvsextras group
> 2) That ballot stuffing isn't occuring

Exactly.

> If there is another way that the above can be accomplished in a completely
> anonymous fashion, great.  I haven't seen anything that won't take a
> significant amount of time.

Well, this is what I came across after some googling:

| There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of software allowing for secret ballots
| on freshmeat.  There was supposed to be http://jfreevote.hispalinux.es/ but
| this now brings up a page in spanish that seems not directly related.

| I could also find GNU.FREE at http://www.j-dom.org/h/n/BIO/HOME/ALL/26/ and
| http://sourceforge.net/projects/free/ but it seems unmaintained.

It would probably take some significant effort to get a trusted system going.

If there was some simple solution available, I'm pretty sure someone would
have mentioned it by now.

> As a side note, I personally could care less whether the ballots were secret.
> However, it seems to be an important issue to others and we need to make sure
> everyone is comfortable with how this should work.

Same here :)

Cheers,
					Christian