FE-ACCEPT when sponsor needed

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Thu May 4 15:13:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 16:04 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Judging from the quick response during the review and the fact that he
> has had IRC contact with the reviewer which is described as positive by
> the reviewer (Andreas Thienemann), and because the initial package was
> of ok quality (only minor changes needed) and the few issues left were
> fixed without the packager needing any handholding. I concider the
> packager (Hugo Cisneiros (hugo at devin.com.br)) ready for sponsoring. I'm
> however new to the whole sponsoring business, is the fact that I believe
> him to be ready good enough? Are my standards high enough or am I to
> easy with trusting someone?

You are responsible for looking out for your sponsoree (Giving helpful
pointers, being available to answer questions, fixing things if the
packager you sponsor breaks things.)  So it is a question of your
personal judgment and willingness to deal with the level of needs you
think the sponsoree will require.

-Toshio

PS: I think your observations point in a distinctly positive direction
for this packager.