[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu May 11 16:26:20 UTC 2006

On 10/05/06, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> So - can anyone come up with a better naming scheme than the one
> above? I hope so :)

To answer my own question - here's a proposal: I could rename the muse
package to emacsen-muse, such that the binary rpms are:

emacsen-muse (containing the common stuff, and required by the packages below)
emacs-muse
xemacs-muse
emacs-muse-el
xemacsen-muse.el

The SRPM would be emacsen-muse, and that would also then be the module
name in bugzilla etc.

Terrible idea?

Should this be the guideline specific to (x)emacs packages which build
for both flavours?

If the FESCO could reach a decision on this it would be useful - then
I can move the emacs muse package out of the way, and let the
packagers of the other two muse programs fight over the vacant
namespace :)