[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri May 12 13:53:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 20:56 +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 11/05/06, Christopher Stone <chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's wrong with "emacs-common-muse"?
>
> Because that would be the package name, and the name appearing in
> bugzilla. Not easy for an xemacs-muse user with a bug to find and file
> a bug against.

And "emacsen-foo" is easier?

I think we're seriously over analyzing this. If we're consistent with
"emacs-common-foo" as "common addon packages that work with all bundled
emacs frontends", people will be able to find it. We could even have:

Provides: emacs-foo = %{version}-%{release}
Provides: xemacs-foo = %{version}-%{release}

inside the spec, so people doing "yum search" on the wrong name will
find it.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!