Claiming ownership for thinkpad related packages and pam_mount

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon May 15 18:14:27 UTC 2006

KF> As far as I know we don't have a method to get someone
KF> sponsored/maintainer status without them having submitted a
KF> package for review.

I don't think we have a policy, but the procedure is clear.  They can
just sign up for an account as normal, and the sponsor (assuming
someone is willing to be one, of course) can upgrade the status as
normal.

I think the committee should take up the idea of sponsorship for
package adoption without package submission.

KF> Is there some package you would like to submit for review? This
KF> would show that you know how packages work and the extras
KF> guidelines, etc.

He could also just review packages (but not be able to approve them,
as usual) , help users, etc.

 - J<