Greedy install

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 17 23:26:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 05:14:27PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 5/17/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >what's the best way to have as many packages as possible installed
> >(given some special handling, e.g. no additional glibc/kernel)?
> >E.g. how does on tell yum or any other tool "install fedora extras"?
>
> Does this do it?
> yum install ---disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=extras install \*

I guess in principle it should, but

Error: oidentd conflicts with pidentd
Error: Missing Dependency: php = 5.1.2 is needed by package syck-php
Error: Missing Dependency: python < 0:2.4 is needed by package python-reportlab
Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-Xnest is needed by package sabayon-admin
Error: compat-wxGTK2-devel conflicts with compat-wxGTK-devel
Error: compat-wxGTK-devel conflicts with compat-wxGTK2-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: php = 5.1.2 is needed by package php-eaccelerator
Error: uw-imap-devel conflicts with libc-client-devel

So one would not manually exclude the one and other package and get a
maximum install (but it takes ages to compute, I'll do that tomorrow :).

I wished yum had apt's auto-keeping-back feature when it comes to
conflicts and other mismathces on the repo side.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net