unifying of spec files for different Fedora releases

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Fri May 19 10:03:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

I want to unify the spec files for TinyERP, because they are (only a
bit) different between FC < 5 and FC >=5 due the change in Xorg
packaging.

Now I have in the spec for FC < 5

BuildRequires: xorg-x11-Xvfb

and for FC >= 5 I need

BuildRequires: xorg-x11-server-Xvfb, xorg-x11-fonts-base

and there is also a difference between calling the Xvfb server
(/usr/X11/bin/Xvfb vs. /usr/bin/Xvfb).

Should I check the value of "%fedora" so it would look like

%if "%fedora" < 5
BuildRequires: xorg-x11-Xvfb
%else
BuildRequires: xorg-x11-server-Xvfb, xorg-x11-fonts-base
%endif

or should I use "%dist" for the checks? I was probably already mentioned
on this list, but I not able to find it.

		Dan

--
TinyERP maintainer for Fedora Extras