Thoughts about courier-mta packaging?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri May 19 20:41:26 UTC 2006

I use courier as a mail server both at work and at home, and have often
wondered why it wasn't included as part of fedora extras.

Sam (the author) has built a wonderful multi-distro spec that works fine
(except for one missing build-dep that's specific to a package split in
fc4; an easy fix).

I'd be more than happy to submit/maintain the package in extras if it
didn't require maintaining the spec myself -- it's HUGE and complicated
and there's no need to maintain a separate one when the upstream author
does it already.

I couldn't find any info about courier in bugzilla or the list archives,
so I figured I'd toss it out here for a quick discussion before
submitting the idea for package review.

-Chris