Trouble with the new Amarok version

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat May 20 18:18:45 UTC 2006

Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
>> We (someone) should probably try to get nmm into Extras, that would make
>> 3.
>
> Nope, either Xine or Helix are required to build Amarok. It's in the readme,
> and the configure script checks it.
> Of course I could patch the configure script to make NMM sufficient,

My bad then.  I had been under the impression that nmm could be used as
the (only/default) output engine.  I'm sure amarok's dev's have a good
reason why not, right?

In retrospect, I think they (amarok's devs) made a serious error in
judgement(*) pulling *both* arts and gstreamer(08 or 10) support for
this release.  To me, that alienates quite a large population (ie, those
like fedora who don't have xine).

-- Rex

(*) See?  I refrained from calling them stupid.  oops...