scientific license - fedora compatible?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue May 23 10:29:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:18:00AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 23/05/06, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
>
> >From my reading of the license currently under discussion, that is not
> the restriction.
>
> They basically say, you can redistribute modified versions as long as
> you make available to the patches for the changes you make.

Yes, it seems you are right. I misread, but there is no explicit permission
to redistribute modified version (the wording is 'use, copy, modify, and
enhance and distribute'). So I think I wrongly supposed, based on the following
that the redistribution of modified source wasn't possible, but after a more
carefull reading, it seems that it is not explicitely forbidden, as the
following states that the copyright of changes must be transfered to
upstream not anything else...

--
Pat