Gettext and %find_lang

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Tue May 23 15:10:40 UTC 2006

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 14:08 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
>> At some point in the wiki, there was a packaging guideline stating that
>> the %find_lang macro required gettext (or gettext-devel). I can't find it
>> anymore, so I've looked at /usr/lib/rpm/find-lang.sh and it does not look
>> like it needs gettext.
>>
>> Any info about the rationale behind this ? Was find-lang.sh fixed not to
>> require gettext anymore ?
>
> It isn't find-lang.sh that uses gettext, it is the generation of the .po
> files during make that does. If gettext isn't installed, the lang files
> are not generated.

OK, the locales are always generated in mock because gettext is always
installed (it's mandatory
in /var/lib/mock/*/root/var/cache/yum/groups/buildroots.xml)

So no need to require it in the specfiles. Thanks for the explanation.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
One of the universal rules of happiness is: "Always be wary of any helpful
item that weighs less than its operating manual".