FE 5 Amarok

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu May 25 18:46:02 UTC 2006

Quentin Spencer wrote:
> It doesn't play flac files either, apparently because the developers
> decided not to support one of the plugins. I think the "upgrade" to 1.4
> was a bad idea.

As said earlier on this list, the amarok developers chose to remove the
gstreamer 0.10 engine from the tarball. That leaves us with the Helix
engine only, since Xine can't be in extras for patent reasons.

Unfortunately, Helix has no flac plugin yet, so amarok won't play flac files
for the moment.

However, if you live in a country which does not recognizes software
patents, you can install the Xine engine from another repository. This one
plays flac files.

Sigh... Already 4 bug reports because the gstreamer engine has been removed
upstream...

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.