MySQL user install possible?

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Wed May 31 05:14:23 UTC 2006

I have a package that requires a MySQL user and database be set up in
order for the package to function properly.

Ideally I would like to do this during the install if possible.  What
is the best way to handle this problem?  Is it possible to handle this
within a spec file or must it be done manually by the user installing
the software?

Upstream informs me that on debian it is possible to get user input
during install, or if no user input is possible, then a default MySQL
setup allows creation of a user/database without having to enter a
root password.