State of multilib development update

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 3 22:31:47 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter <rdieter at ...> writes:
> Since kde-config is a 64bit binary, I'm a little surprised it to worked at
> all via 'setarch i386'.

It's the same as for all the other binaries Hans de Goede tried with setarch
and found not multilib-ready. ;-) setarch i386 won't break 64-bit binaries, but
it won't make them magically find the 32-bit multilibs either unless they're
specifically coded for it. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case for the
current versions of several central development tools in Fedora, and kde-config
appears to be one of the offenders.

By the way, for the record, I tested this in a qemu-system-x86_64 running on my
32-bit Pentium 4. ;-)

        Kevin Kofler