Extras + Legacy or not?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Nov 6 19:58:53 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 13:51, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 06 November 2006 14:35, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > re Fedora Legacy Updates for FC3 and FC4 active in the Fedora Extras
> > buildsys or not?
> >
> > Here, ppc is missing:
> >
> >   http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/4/updates/
yes  the buildsystem is using legacy.  i populated the ppc tree with fc4
updates.  but everywhere else  the tree is from legacy.

> > Is one supposed to enable Fedora Core Released Updates in addition to
> > Fedora Legacy Updates? It seems so (looking at the package
> > legacy-yumconf-4-2.fc4.noarch.rpm)
> >
> > But what does the buildsys do?
> >
> > (The reason I ask is that I want repoclosure to use the same combination
> > of repositories.)

> Legacy is not quite yet using the Extras build system.  We're working up
> toward that.  And currently we haven't produced any ppc updates, when we
> make the move over, we'd resubmit what we've released for FL4 for ppc
> building.
>
> Things mostly holding us up from moving is an update tool to make use of
> the builds that land out of Extras' plague setup.  If Luke doesn't envision
> this happening anytime soon, we'll need a 'push' system that pushes the
> builds back out to legacy staging infrastructure so that Legacy can sign /
> push / prepare emails like we're currently doing with our own plague setup.
we can make use of extras push scripts  or  just rsync  legacy updates to your
existing staging location  I guess the main difference between extras and
legacy  is legacy has one email per package  and extras one email per push
--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
/      \   Proud Australian