Looking for some easy to fix code (not packaging) bugs

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:24:56 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you all know by now I'm a CS teacher as my daytime job. I'm currently
> working on a practicum where I want students to practice with / experience
> debugging / fault tracing. For this I'm looking for some bugs, which are
> 100% reproducable (no race conditions and other hard stuff) and should be
> relatively easy to fix. Basicly I'm looking for code bugs where lack of time
> is the most important reason for not fixing them.

You may want to look at the GnomeLove
<http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove> initiative.
>From their own introduction:

*"GnomeLove is an initiative that aims to help people who want to get
started contributing to GNOME. This page offers a collection of links to
useful resources for aspiring developers, testers, documenters or simply
GNOME enthusiasts."*

The initiative is focused towards smaller projects / bugs that need some
"Love" in Gnome.  You should be able to find some bugs there that are fairly
simple to knock out, as well as some beginner projects that no one else
seems to want to do.

RTLM