Disturbing lack of FE security updates announcements!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Nov 9 11:34:05 UTC 2006

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-November/msg00148.html

Hans de Goede schrieb:
> This morning I've been working on fixing several security flaws in imlib2.
> When I was done with fixing and building these, I started writing a
> security update notification mail to send to fedora-package-announce at redhat.com
> In the usual format for updates send to this list.
> [...]
> FESco, can you please mandate sending a mail to fedora-package-announce at redhat.com for
> security related updates?

I agree with the idea. Hans, can you or maybe someone else (from the
Security SIG, sorry, Response Team?) work out a proposal an integrate it
into
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SecurityAnnoucements
(that will be later moved to
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy )

In an ideal world it would look a bit like
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy/WhoIsAllowedToModifyWhichPackages
e.g. a *short* section in the beginning that allows new contributors to
get an idea of our processes and rules without wasting to much time
reading details. Then a more detailed section witch describes the thing
(Why? How?) in detail.

thx

CU
thl