Progress reports of my students fixing bugs

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Nov 16 23:08:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:58:38PM -0600, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Provide bug and source code, please.  I'm curious.

Mostly, <http://mattdm.org/icebreaker/>

Latest code at:

<ftp://linst.bu.edu/velouria/SRPMS/icebreaker-1.9.8-pre1bu45.4.src.rpm>

although there's some stuff languishing in CVS that I haven't touched for a
while.

The bug is: sometimes, when you complete a line, area which includes a
penguin is calculated as not including one. It's probably a stupid
off-by-one error or something, but I beat my head against it for a while and
stopped.

Caveat: this is code from several years ago and my pride in it is
mixed. It was the first decent-sized C program I wrote on Linux, and I was a
little intimidated, so I did some clearly odd things, like avoiding
allocating dynamic memory. Plus, the code to make the whole entry screen is
very kludgy and causes other kludges. :) And please don't mention how the
spec file needs cleaning up. :)