beryl: missing deps

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Sun Nov 19 18:13:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 17:33 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> CCing jwilson at redhat.com, owner of beryl
>
> Mamoru Tasaka schrieb:
> > Clive Messer wrote:
> >> It looks like only some of beryl has been pushed to repo .......
> > Missing deps are under FE-Review or are waiting for FE CVS to
> > come back again to be rebuilt.
>
> Then why the heck was beryl build for FC-6 if it was known that some
> hardcoded deps were not yet in cvs and not ready to be build? People
> will run into issues that way when using yum and thus the it's just a
> totally stupid thing to do in a stable branch (and even quite bad in the
> deel-branch, too).
>
> /me is getting more and more annoyed with all those broken deps and
> broken upgrade paths (some of them for months)...

The only hard-coded deps that can't be met at the moment are on the
meta-packages for installing all the beryl bits. As mentioned, the
initial beryl-core package had no unresolved deps, but subsequent
discussion while reviewing other beryl components led to the creation of
some meta-packages to make installing all beryl bits easier for
end-users. I guess I wasn't thinking when I pushed the beryl-core build
w/the meta-packages enabled. My apologies for being "totally stupid". Of
course, this would be (mostly) moot by now had cvs not taken a
nose-dive... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com