repoview for debuginfo packages?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Nov 26 13:56:48 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006 03:14, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Do we really want or need extra repoview pages for debuginfo packages?
> Who browses them in addition to the repoview pages for normal packages?

I find it quite useful to get packages by hand from repositories I normally do
not have enabled. In my bookmarks I have links to all the relevant repodata
directories, so this works a lot faster than using yum, too. An improvement
would be to have all flavors of a package linked within repoview (I don't
know, whether or not this is supported, though). On the freshrpms homepage
for example one can browse from a rpm to the src.rpm and from there to every
build rpm.

Btw. Is there a reason why repoview is not used in Core?

Regards,
Till