New Comps Groups

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 27 22:45:58 UTC 2006

Le lundi 27 novembre 2006 à 15:58 -0500, Jeremy Katz a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 21:52 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm in agreement with Bill on this.  Pretty much all the python-*
> > > packages should be pulled in as dependencies.  Am I missing something
> > > here?
> >
> > It's pretty much impossible to autodetect missing comps entries unless
> > every package is systematically put in comps. No autochecking means low
> > QA.
>
> But the entire point is that everything _SHOULDN'T_ be there.  If so,
> then it's no better than a list[1]

But the entire point is unless packages show up in comps, we have no
idea if they're missing because they should not be exposed or because
someone forgot to think about it.

explicit "this package is in a group most users don't care about" is
very different from "this package is not in any group, so probably users
do not need to see it"

--
Nicolas Mailhot