New Comps Groups

Rick L Vinyard Jr rvinyard at cs.nmsu.edu
Tue Nov 28 01:39:20 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> How does a checkbox list of 589 packages (roughly the number of
> perl-* packages) make someone's life easier? Is this better done
> via searching for 'perl' in the package search interface, for example?

That's actually an area I'd like to see improved, especially for C/C++
libraries... multi-level taxonomies. Many users find taxonomies useful
in more ways than one. By grouping related items together often users
looking for one item discover another similar item that they weren't
looking for, but need.