pacakge classification and selection (was Re: New Comps Groups)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Nov 28 19:36:01 UTC 2006

> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 6:06 pm, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > So, in short, I think the comps push, while fitting in our current
> > infrastructure, isn't really solving the *right* problem.

It's kind'of sad we've replaced a strictly hierarchical system (rpm
groups) with another strictly hierarchical system (well, not 100%
hierarchical as you can fill packages in several groups but that's
almost never done), and that after all the noise around loosely
organised keywords being the future

--
Nicolas Mailhot