Plone - Zope on Fedora Core 4

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Tue Nov 28 20:47:14 UTC 2006

Jon Steffan wrote:
> Team,
>
>     I've been pushing updates to plone and zope and would like to get
> FC4 updated as FC4 is still offered by many hosting companies. The Plone
> migration from 2.1.2 -> 2.5.1 does not work. So I am stuck either
> waiting for a patch from the Plone devs that would include a fix to get
> migration working or I need start a new package stream. I don't expect
> much from the Plone guys, they are also looking more upstream.
>
> Am I allowed to create new packages for this updated stream and leave
> the 'plone' and 'zope' packages as they are, maybe add some security
> patches that are needed. Something like 'plone-new' and 'zope-new' for
> FC4? Please advise.
>
> Jon

What didn't work in the migration? There is a known problem with the
2.5.1 rpm - you have to uninstall the "Five" product and re-install the
correct version (see
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/60692).

See also http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/setup/2006-November/002608.html.

The zope and plone packages were orphaned a few weeks ago. I don't know
what there current status is.

- Mike