cvs flags for comps?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Nov 30 16:50:15 UTC 2006

Chris Weyl (cweyl at alumni.drew.edu) said:
> This would give an easy, per branch way to determine if a package
> should be listed in comps, if so where, or if it's being intentionally
> left out by the maintainer.  Automated scripts can look for these to
> add packages or rebuild comps*.in; branches missing the file can have
> "huh?" notes generated to owners  or summary to extras list.  It has
> the added advantage of allowing maintainers to keep this info directly
> with the package.
>
> Thoughts?  Good / bad / crazy?

It doesn't necessarily help keyword-based organization, but it could
be useful.

The idea that hit me today was that, more than *-devel, or apps, or
any other groups, the groups that need to be maintained in as automated
a fashion as possible are the langsupport groups. (dictionaries, fonts,
OO.o/KDE langpacks.)

Bill