xview anyone ?

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed Nov 1 08:53:26 UTC 2006

Hi Pat,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:39:35 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> http://www.lmd.jussieu.fr/~pdlmd/xview-3.2-0.1.p4.src.rpm
>
> It was not an easy task, but now it's done. Normally, the imake files
> are more or less FHS compliant now, and I even use them to do the
> staged install of xview itself. However if treetool uses other variables
> to construct the directories, you may have to modify paths in files in
> config/XView.*.
>
> I had to install some fonts, that's a bit strange since they are listed in
> the fonts.dir file in /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc. I tested a bit and it seemed
> that using fontconfig didn't worked, that's why I also added the fonts to
> /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc. The X and Xfs servers seems to have to be
> restarted before those fonts are taken into account. Don't know if all that
> is normal or if I did something wrong.
>
> I tested the ol*wm window managers, they seemed to work, and also the
> clock program seems to be functionnal.
>
> The difference between this and the debian package are
> * I put together the 2 ol*wm packages
> * I put xview_xgettext and xview_msgfmt in xview-clients and not
>   xview-devel (the idea is to have multi lib parallel installable
>   devel package).

Thanks a lot.  I started to work on this, and after some further tweaks
got xview to compile in mock for FC-5, and treetool too.

I got treetool to work on i386 machines.

There remains some problems though: on x86_64 the function
copy_va_to_av goes into an infinite loop when dealing with pointers.
Must be some 64-bit issue.  This happens both using treetool and clock.

I put my current working copy of the packages SRPMS in
ftp://ftp.licr.org/pub/

Not quite ready for prime time yet.

Cheers,