xview anyone ?

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed Nov 1 10:21:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:40:18 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> 1) Have you checked Debian's packages of this (if they have any) usually with hard to package software
>    its a good idea to start with all Debian's patches (or atleast thosw which seem to make sense) that
>    might fix this.

Yup, Pat basically used all the Debian stuff.

> 2) If you can give me a shortlist of instructions howto reproduce this then I can take a look at my 64
>    bit machine at home (work doesn't have any 64 bit machines yet). As time permits of course.

Sure:
 - grab ftp://ftp.licr.org/pub/xview-3.2-0.1.p4.src.rpm
 - mock xview-3.2-0.1.p4.src.rpm on your 64-bit machine (for FC-[567])
 - install xview, xview-clients, and xview-debuginfo
 - launch "clock"
 - watch it loop (it will not display anything, and use 100% CPU)
 - attach a gdb to the process

Cheers,