FE Package Status of Nov 2, 2006

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Thu Nov 2 17:20:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:41:03 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Maybe the script could check that there is no dead.package file (not a big deal).

Added to the TODO items.

> Also how could it be possible to blacklist some packages that are not to
> be in comps but don't have library or anything else to find it automatically
> (it is the case for the dap-*_handler packages I maintain)?

Still unresolved.  Someone once mentioned the possibility to put *all*
packages in comps, by providing a group of packages that should not be
presented to the user...  Dunno how that would fare.

There are also mumblings of putting comps related info in the upcoming
package database, but we haven't looked deeply into the implications
yet.